In today’s fast moving world of online marketing and social media it has never been more important for companies who have a presence online to include relevant and good quality images in their content. It would be no exaggeration to say that we live in a camera age. With more than 2.5 billion camera phones in use virtually everyone has a camera in their pocket. Many of the big brands now maximise their marketing through the sharing of images on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. The statistics below show how images can help increase your marketing reach:
- Posts and articles with images get 94% more total views
- Including a photo and a video in a press release increases views by over 45%
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results
- In an ecommerce site, 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” in selecting and purchasing a product
- In an online store, customers think that the quality of a product’s image is more important than product-specific information (63%), a long description (54%), and ratings and reviews (53%)
- Engagement rate on Facebook for photos averages 0.37% where text only is 0.27% (this translates to a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text)
If you check out our own social media you will see that over the last couple of months we have upped our profile with more posts and more photos in our feed – which is all part of our new marketing strategy to increase the reach and profile of the Wayland Chamber of Commerce.
If you find this all a bit daunting and confusing don’t despair – Wayland Chamber is planning to run workshops on social media and marketing starting in the new year so please get in touch if you are interested!